About the Green & Healthy Homes Initiative
Founded in 1986 as the Coalition to End Childhood Lead Poisoning, the Green & Healthy Homes Initiative (GHHI) is a national 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. GHHI is a recognized leader for green, healthy, safe and energy efficient housing in low-income neighborhoods, having designed the work now supported by multiple federal agencies, philanthropy and private sector nonprofit partners in over 30 sites across the country. GHHI works in collaboration with local, state, and federal agencies as well as philanthropic and community partners to align, braid and coordinate funding and programs in Maryland and nationwide. Through a comprehensive assessment, housing intervention, and supportive services strategy, the GHHI approach achieves multiple benefits including healthier and more energy efficient homes, higher quality green jobs, increased economic opportunities for low income communities, and better health outcomes for children, families and older adults.
GHHI seeks a full time Maryland Programs Intake Specialist to perform client scheduling, intake and referral services, maintain client physical and database records, provide robust resources, and complete client surveys. This position represents the first client contact with the communities that GHHI serves.
- Maintain Informational Hotline and Response
- Prepare and Maintain Data Reports relating to Maryland Program Services, Grant Reports, Program Reports, and Data Tracking
- Conduct initial client intake phone interviews and schedule initial home visits for various programs
- Create client files and input data into the Client Intake Database including: Client referral information and notes, Dept. of Assessment and Taxation search, MDE property database compliance search, and Health Department Lead Violation search
- Perform client intake assessments and direct client files to appropriate personnel
- Perform follow up surveys in compliance with Review organization’s website and email inbox daily and distribute information accordingly
- Coordinate with FAS team members for the Relocation Assistance Grant Program
- Assist with preparation and distribution of walk-in clients
- Assist with Housing Choice Voucher Program, if applicable
- Route and respond to client inquiries in a timely and courteous manner including: client correspondence, client and owner packet assembly, and filing
- Perform full background data collection for unit files during the “discovery process”
- Assist with outreach presentation preparation and displays
- Assist with outreach projects and participate in community outreach events
- Conduct program-related Inventories
- Miscellaneous projects and office duties to support the mission and deliverables of the organization
- Act as the ETO Site Administrator, Prepare and disseminate reports
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database platforms
- Exceptional organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Professional work ethic and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with clients, staff and management
- Works well independently/takes responsibility and initiative
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Flexibility, initiative, and a collaborative spirit
- Conscientious and self-motivated team player
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and consistent client follow-up
- Must possess own vehicle for transportation with valid license and auto insurance coverage
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and manage conflicting priorities required.
- Prior experience in management, case management, or administration
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience required.
Additional Information: This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Position includes full benefits package and competitive salary commensurate with education and experience. GHHI is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates must send resume, cover letter, three professional references and salary history to GHHI Human Resources at email@example.com
Green & Healthy Homes Initiative is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. GHHI embraces diversity, excellence, and mission forward professionalism.