The Green & Healthy Homes Initiative (GHHI) seeks a full-time Grant Manager to lead overall grant efforts including grant research, writing, program design, and implementation, compliance, and reporting. Reporting to the CEO, the Grant Manager will lead fundraising efforts to identify potential support from government agencies, foundations, and corporations to meet the financial and operational needs of the organization. They will work to ensure that the grant process works effectively and efficiently, providing clear communication of proper protocols for approving grants, their specifications, requirements, and objectives across all departments of the organization and management.
About the Green & Healthy Homes Initiative
The Green & Healthy Homes Initiative (GHHI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit entity with the vision of advancing the social determinants of health and racial equity through healthy housing. With an emphasis on black and brown communities, GHHI delivers improved health, economic and social outcomes. GHHI supports housing, environmental health, and energy efficiency services for families in communities around the country, as well as conducting direct services in Maryland. GHHI’s delivery model is based on its data-driven philosophy that public and private social investments are optimized and social program outcomes are maximized when the energy, health, and safety needs of an occupied home are addressed comprehensively, efficiently, and simultaneously. GHHI’s employees are all expected to work by the organization’s operating values of assuming good intent, operate with transparency, deliver on time with excellence, and ensure racial equity and diversity are part of all policies, practices, and actions.
GHHI effectively integrates funding from private and public sources to deliver results for low-income residents.
- Government innovation in service delivery and cost savings
- Measurable improvements in health, economic and social outcomes for children and families
- Development of community-based green jobs and social enterprise
- Healthy, safe, stable, and affordable homes
- Increased family economic security including wealth retention and reduced family displacement.
- Managing and supporting grant requirements and implementation for the organization
- Develops diversified funding strategy
- Cultivates donor funding and relationships
- Develops change management plan for Grant life cycle.
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results
- Writes and reviews grant applications, proposals, abstracts and letters of inquiry
- Researches funding sources and matches relevant sources to current or potential GHHI programs
- Review financial plans/budgets with the finance department in accordance with each grant requirement
- Communicate with other departments regularly to identify initiatives that may qualify for new funding resources
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the completion of grant reporting
- Coordinate with other departments to develop case studies, data and/or abstracts to include with grant applications
- Works on projects simultaneously and manages workflow with other departments to meet multiple deadlines
- Maintains and organizes files for all submitted applications
- Maintains and organizes files for current and potential funders
- Provide writing support for the Communications Department
- Provide training to new staff on grants management and reporting requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects
- Superior organizational skills and an ability to multi-task and balance competing timelines
- Strong command over written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Possess sound understanding of the organization’s mission and its objectives
- Possess substantial knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a fast-paced cross-functional team
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail
- Expertise in Internet research
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of three years in development or a similar role requiring organizational and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and grant management software
- Must have a valid driver license, auto insurance, and reliable transportation
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Position includes full benefits package and competitive salary commensurate with education and experience.
Green & Healthy Homes Initiative is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive work environment. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Interested candidates should apply using the following link: GHHI Application