About the Green & Healthy Homes Initiative
The Green & Healthy Homes Initiative (previously known as the Coalition to End Childhood Lead Poisoning) is a national non-profit organization that creates, implements, and promotes programs and policies to eradicate childhood lead poisoning, reduce asthma episodes and further the creation of green, healthy and lead-safe homes. GHHI manages local direct services programs that include housing interventions and is a leading provider of public policy and technical assistance services to government agencies, non-profits, and philanthropy. GHHI is in 17 sites across the nation, working in collaboration with local and federal agencies, and philanthropic partners to align, braid, and coordinate activities. Each site involves stakeholders from government, philanthropy, and service providers and conducts in-home interventions, resident education and worker training/certification. GHHI provides technical support, tools, training, policy recommendations, and strategies in order to achieve innovations in government that reduce expenses and create wealth retention in communities.
With support from the Data Manager, the Data Management and Evaluation Coordinator will oversee all Baltimore program data entered into Efforts to Outcomes software. Core responsibilities include development and maintenance of data collection processes, oversight and management of data with an emphasis on data quality, contract oversight and Evaluation. The Data Support Specialist will also provide core data entry and report training and support for GHHI program staff and in tandem will develop and maintain the data governance manual, data entry and training/support materials. The Data Support Specialist will work collaboratively with the Data Manager to create uniformity in process, documentation and evaluation indicators across Baltimore based programs and National programs. The ideal candidate will have expertise in Efforts to Outcomes Software (ETO), program evaluation, data analysis and staff training and support.
Data Oversight and Management of Baltimore Programs
- Develop and maintain reporting to oversee and manage data quality efforts paying particular attention to timeliness, uniformity and accuracy of data entered into Efforts to Outcomes Software.
- Clean and monitor datasets for the purpose of synthesis and analysis of GHHI data for partner and funder reports.
- Work with Data Manager to develop program process workflows and accompanying evaluation plans.
- Develop and maintain reporting to monitor evaluation efforts and key program indicators.
- Prepare written summaries and/ or presentations of data findings for Executive Staff.
- Develop data collection tools, survey instruments and consent forms as needed.
- Build-out and maintain ETO platform with an aim at increasing usability and ease of access for staff.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop a data informed culture within GHHI Maryland based programs- accentuating the importance of data in everyday work and decision making.
Staff Training and Support
- Conduct routine trainings to ensure GHHI staff are properly trained in data collection procedures related to HIPAA and IRB compliance when conducting health surveys and home visits.
- Develop staff training protocol, guides and curriculum to support the diverse learning styles of staff.
- Create and maintain data governance guide to fully document GHHI data procedures.
- Co-facilitate ongoing learning workshops for GHHI staff and National sites with Data Manager.
- A degree in public policy, public health, environmental studies, or other related field;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, program partners, government agencies, evaluators, and community stakeholders of all demographic and professional levels;
- Highly organized, conscientious and self-motivated team player with a strong interest in community-based participatory research, study design and data collection;
- Exceptional organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail;
- Works well independently/takes responsibility and initiative;
- Desire to work in a team environment;
- Flexibility, initiative, and a collaborative spirit;
- Must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation
Position Specific Requirements:
- Ability to build relationships with staff, partners and all stakeholders in the community;
- Experience or capacity to learn ETO data system as site administrator;
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large data sets;
- Background in program evaluation- development, implementation and analysis;
- Excellent computer skills and experience with MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of statistical software (STATA, SPSS, SAS) and Arc GIS software preferred;
- Aptitude to quickly learn new software programs and train others as needed.
- Experience in housing related field a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience. GHHI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates must send resume, cover letter, three professional references and salary history to GHHI Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org