In collaboration with the GHHI leadership team, the Communications and Marketing Associate will assist with development and ensure implementation of communications and marketing strategies to support organizational mission, goals and objectives of the Green & Healthy Homes Initiative. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and manage short and long-term communications plans and budgets for print and electronic communications;
- Manage all print and electronic publications – newsletters, e-communications, annual report, and marketing materials– plan, write, edit, and produce content;
- In coordination with other departments, produce all event-related collateral pieces;
- Produce in-house design work for smaller projects and coordinate with professional designer on larger projects;
- Oversee development of videos, interactive materials, etc.;
- Coordinate photography for all external and internal events;
- Write and/or edit and coordinate distribution of message materials, including press releases, media statements, position papers, advocacy documents, op-eds, correspondence, newsletters (Constant Contact or other), etc.;
- Assist with development of presentation materials as needed by Executive Director and other members of leadership team, including backgrounders, talking points, etc.;
- Provide research and briefing materials as needed by Executive Director and senior leadership;
- Work with Executive Director and senior leadership to develop and maintain strong visual identity and brand recognition for the organization;
- Ensure all materials reflect consistent image and logo use;
- Ensure all external use of logos is approved and monitored;
- Update current, and develop new brochures, educational, and marketing materials as needed.
- Create and implement a public relations plan to advance and communicate the mission of GHHI to a wider, national audience;
- Cultivate relationships with key health, housing, policy, social justice bloggers to drive coverage of GHHI work;
- Coordinate press conferences and events, write press releases, maintain media database.
Website and Social Media:
- Maintain website and ensure all content is current, relevant and appropriate;
- Assist with development and implementation of social media and online communication strategy;
- Produce content for online communications, including website copy, social media posts, blog posts, etc.;
- Identify and implement strategies to improve online visibility of the organization;
- Increase fan and follower bases for current social media applications;
- Identify new opportunities for online growth and engagement;
- Ensure integration of all Coalition and GHHI online channels;
- Monitor online news sites daily and post/link to GHHI website and/or social media as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Health Communications, or related field from an accredited college or university;
- Experience building and managing media relationships;
- Excellent written, verbal and online communications skills;
- Experience and proficiency with website content management programs;
- Strong understanding of current and upcoming social media and online communications tools;
- Advanced degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Health Communications, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Communications, public relations or marketing experience in a nonprofit, government or philanthropic organization
- Experience working with and developing communications for diverse communities and populations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with Drupal, Adobe Illustrator; Photoshop; or InDesign
- Ability to read, write and/or speak Spanish
Green & Healthy Homes Initiative is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive work environment. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Additional Information: This is a full-time exempt position. Position includes full benefits package and competitive salary commensurate with education and experience. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Green and Healthy Homes Initiative (GHHI) is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive work environment. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.