Register today for the Green & Healthy Homes Initiative and Maryland Department of Health’s 3rd Annual Maryland Asthma Summit! The Summit will be offered as a webinar series this year to ensure safe participation for all attendees as we are still in the midst of the COVID-19 response. The series will be available in three participatory webinar sessions – May 13th, 15th, and 20th from 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM. Sign up for these dynamic webinars!
The 3rd Annual Maryland Asthma Summit is designed to bring together state and local stakeholders in the State of Maryland in asthma care and management. Leaders in the asthma field will offer attendees a chance to discuss and learn about best practices, health equity, innovative research and interventions, and related policies as well as have a space for open dialogue in the effort to form and sustain partnerships to address the burden of asthma and asthma disparities. The Summit is hosted by the Green & Healthy Homes Initiative (GHHI), the Maryland Department of Health and the Greater Baltimore Asthma Alliance (GBAA). The GBAA is a community partnership of individuals and organizations that are committed to reducing the burden of asthma in the Greater Baltimore area. Members of GBAA come from local health departments, state agencies, hospitals, insurers, health care providers, non-profit organizations, and community organizations.
Click each date below to register for the 2020 Summit:
- Welcome to the 3rd Annual Maryland Asthma Summit – Ruth Ann Norton, President & CEO, Green & Healthy Homes Initiative
- Opening Remarks – Clifford S. Mitchell, MD, MPH, MS, Director of the Environmental Health Bureau, Office of Environmental Health & Food Protection, Maryland Department of Health
- Keynote Speaker “Asthma; The Story Behind the Chart” – Shavon Arline-Bradley, Founding Principal, R.E.A.C.H. Beyond Solutions LLC
- Asthma Guidelines – Anna Choe, MD, Preventive Medicine Resident, Environmental Health Bureau, Prevention and Health Promotion Administration, Maryland Department of Health
- Telling A Story with Data – Darcy Phelan-Emrick, Dr.PH, Associate Scientist, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Racial Equity & Housing Related to COVID-19 – Delegate Nick J. Mosby, District 40, Baltimore City / Ruth Ann Norton, GHHI
- Human Centered Design Approach in Pediatric Asthma Care – Becky Slogeris, Assoc. Director, Center for Social Design at Maryland Institute College of Art
- Innovation Panel
- Electronic Monitoring Devices – Lisa Bell, DNP, CPNP, AE-C, University of Maryland Children’s Hospital Breathmobile
- Maryland CHW Certification – Tiffany Rivers-Scott, CHW-MD Advocate CHW Network – Baltimore Chapter
We hope you can join us! Please note each date is a separate registration for the 3rd Annual Maryland Asthma Summit Webinar Series.
If you have any questions, please contact Chevelle Bash, GHHI Outreach & Education Manager at 443-842-5715 or email@example.com.